Wound Care & Applications
Immediate treatment of any wound is extremely important to lessen the chance of infection and scarring. It was once believed that keeping a wound uncovered, allowing it to get air, caused the wound to heal faster. Many studies since then have shown this is simply not the case. By allowing a wound to remain uncovered it gives it an increased chance of being exposed to bacteria and thus causing infection. Also when you allow a wound to scab over which comes from leaving it exposed. You are now at greater risk of leaving a visible scar behind.
Nature’s 86 has numerous applications to treat a variety of burn, wound and skin conditions. Below are some application directions for specific types of treatment.
1st and 2nd Degree Burns – This is when the 1 or 2 top layers of skin have been affected.
- Rinse in cool water (Not Cold) for 10 to 15 minutes. You can also immerse or soak the affected burn area in a bowl of cool water. Use a compress if water is not available.
- Apply an even layer of Nature’s 86 with either a clean finger or sterile Q tip.
- Cover with a sterile bandage or wrap and check dressing 2-3 times daily. Apply more Nature’s 86 as needed.
3rd Degree Burns
- Immediately call 911 or visit an emergency room as soon as possible.
- Do NOT run under water.
- Cover the burn with a sterile compress or bandage making sure it will not leave lint in the wound.
- Do NOT apply Nature’s 86 to the wound.
Cuts, Scrapes and Scratches
- Call 911 if: The cut is severely bleeding. The cut is spurting blood from the wound. The bleeding will not stop after 10 minutes of direct pressure.
- Stop the bleeding by applying direct pressure to the wound.
- Clean the area with warm water and soap.
- Apply Nature’s 86 to the wound to alleviate pain, reduce chance of infection and speed up the healing process.
- Apply a sterile bandage to the wound.
- Check bandage twice per day over the first few days of receiving the wound. Apply more Nature’s 86 as needed. Also replace the worn bandage with a new sterile one.
Stings and Bug Bites
- If needed, remove the stinger.
- Wash the area with soap and water.
- Apply a cool compress to the area. (Dampen cloth with cold water) Apply this for 5 minutes.
- Apply Nature’s 86 several times per day to reduce inflammation, pain and itching as needed.
- Gently wash face with warm water and an acne wash. It is important to be gentle when washing the face. Excessive scrubbing can cause the acne to become more infected, resulting in more pimples
- Apply a fine coat of Nature’s 86 to the area to kill the bacteria.
- Apply a cool wet towel to the affected area for 5-10 minutes. This can be done 2-3 times per day.
- Once done with the towel, apply a small dab of Nature’s 86 to the affected area and rub in gently.
- Soak your hands in warm water for a few minutes to soften the skin.
- Work Nature’s 86 into the skin for 2-3 minutes.
- Repeat as necessary 2-5 times per day depending on severity of cuticle.